- The school is situated in Norfolk’s rural town of Thetford
- The school places are commissioned by both Norfolk and Suffolk County Councils
- This is a small school, with the capacity to educate 40 pupils.
- All pupils have special educational needs and the proportion who have an EHCP is significantly above national average (63%).
Our Mission Statement:
We embrace the Engage Trust Mission Statement of Engage, Educate, Empower and believe that all young people have the right to be healthy, happy and safe, to be respected and to have high aspirations for their future.Our aim is to be an outstanding school which offers the pupils a safe, supportive and stimulating learning environment where they can develop socially, academically and emotionally while developing new and existing skills to manage their behaviour choices both in and out of the school environment.
The curriculum at The Pinetree School:
- Is broad and rich, giving all pupils the opportunity to follow the core and foundation subjects of the national curriculum at KS3 and KS4. Pupils work towards a range of accreditations and qualifications including Functional Skills and GCSEs.
- The curriculum is extended to develop literacy, numeracy and SEMH skills through 1-1 sessions. Further bespoke opportunities are provided for pupils to access Work Experience (KS4) and/or 14-16 vocational courses offered by local Alternative Providers.
- The curriculum is underpinned by our strong pastoral care system
- Our Pastoral programme also includes a clear strategy for careers guidance
Pastoral care is strong at The Pinetree School. Our pupils need to feel safe and secure in order to thrive academically and socially, and our pastoral team of tutors and leaders work hard to ensure that our pupils are safe and to help them and their families deal with problems if and when they arise. The pastoral system is organised into a year group system, which includes form tutors, pastoral leaders, CAIG lead, SENCO, first aiders, internal mentors and external counsellors. If you have any further questions or would like to talk to a member of staff, please do not hesitate to contact us at the school. We are always keen to help in any way.